If you are considering using NavTiles but are unsure about compatibility with your existing project, you can check out the supported features list below.
What we do support:
- Full integration with Unity’s Tilemaps, preserving what you have already built.
- All Tilemap cell layouts (Rectangle, Hexagon, Isometric, and Isometric Z as Y).
- Customizable grid cell size.
- Tilemap layers (for more information, check out the Tilemap layering tutorial here).
What we do not (currently) support:
- Grid cell gap other than 0.
- Grid cell swizzles other than the default (XYZ).
- Tilemap anchors higher than 1 (this displaces the Tilemap completely).
- Tilemaps that are moved from the origin (a position other than 0 on any axis).
If you are looking for a feature that isn’t currently supported, don’t be afraid to send us an e-mail. We may be able to support it in a future update.